Tuesday 16 June 2015

Harry Potter Vs. Jurassic Park

Word on the street is that Jurassic World beat out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part II for highest grossing opening weekend. And I was part of that opening weekend, as I went to see the film on Saturday. While HPATDH-P2 grossed 483.2 million dollars, Jurassic World ended up grossing just over a half a billion.


But while I MAY have enjoyed the film, my heart still and always will belong to the Harry Potter franchise, in all it's forms(except video games, y'all need to work on an open world Harry Potter MMO).


To prove my love for HP and to prove why it rules over the Jurassic Park franchise, I've compiled a list of reasons HP is better.


1. 2 books vs 10 books
While the author of Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton, wrote two novels for the Jurassic Park franchise, J.K. Rowling wrote a whopping 7 novels for the Harry Potter plot line, with 3 supplementary novels such as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (currently being made into a film), Quidditch Throughout the Ages, and The Tales of Beetle & Bard.



2. 4 Movies vs. 9
While the Jurassic Park franchise has a total of 4 movies under it's belt, HP has 8, with another one on the way (SO EXCITED)!



3. Chris Pratt vs Matthew Lewis




Lol, tie ;)

4.  Jurassic Park vs. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Orlando Studios
You know what's better than a fictional amusement park? A real amusement park!



5. Dinosaurs vs. Dragons
Sure, dinosaurs are ballin af, but do you know what else is awesome? Fire breathing dragons! Still not convinced? Maybe I'll throw in some unicorns, a threstral and let you ride Buckbeak!




6. Steven Spielberg vs. ...A Bunch of Dudes

You've won this round, Spielburg!



7. John Williams vs John Williams
Personally I prefer the HP theme, but that's just me soooo...tie.



8.Shipping
I cannot tell you how hard I ship Hermione and Ron. Sooo hard. And while the chemistry between Owen and Claire was bangin, it didn't give me the same depth of emotion as waiting 10 years for a kiss between best friends in the middle of a war. Shit just didn't bang enough.

I just can't for the life of me stop shipping these guys


They're just so adorable!


And you can cut the sexual tension with a knife!


9. Total Gross Earnings

While HP earned a respectable $2,390,076,596 I must concede that Jurassic Park beat that with $2,720,529,010. Still, with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them due out in November, 2016 we'll see who gets the last laugh!



10. Fan Base
While there is definitely a huge fan base for the Jurassic Park franchise, it can't hold a candle to the army of obsessive teenagers and adults lurking on harry potter forums (myself included).


No comments:

Post a Comment